Heart Program Director, 30 Hours per week
Employment Opportunity, (September 2020)
As many of you know, Heart is a ministry of First Image that has been working in greater Portland and beyond for decades to lift the burden of abortion in the lives of people with past abortion experience.
Mindy Johnson has been leading this program with compassion and faithfulness for 12 years, impacting the lives of so many women. She is ready to move to a new chapter in her life and family. We are looking for a new leader for this vital ministry.
If you are interested, read on and get in touch. If you think others in your community might be, share!
The Heart Director will advance the mission of Heart – to lift the burden of abortion and foster hope for a renewed life in Jesus for those with abortion experience – by providing leadership, program development, ensuring implementation of the heart program and its related activities, volunteer recruitment and training, public awareness, alignment with overall mission and strategic priorities, and meaningful contribution to the culture of life and renewal at First Image.
- Committed and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Compassionate heart towards those that have had an abortion experience
- Ability to work collaboratively as a servant leader
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally and publicly
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Vision and growth oriented
- Generally comfortable with digital technology
- Experience coordinating volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Be post-abortive and have been through post-abortion recovery