Here at the Portland Pregnancy Resource Centers, the safety of our clients, volunteers and employees is a top priority. We are not an urgent care clinic, and we do not have the facilities or staff to care for clients who have or may have been in contact with others who have COVID-19. As a result, and in an effort to help contain the spread of COVID-19 in our community, we are taking the following actions:
1. We are unable to see anyone who is experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, congestion), or has traveled to or from any of the CDC’s designated hotspots. Please call the center where you had an appointment to reschedule.
2. We are limiting seeing clients for pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, and STI testing only. We are discontinuing our prenatal classes and in-center visits related to maternity clothes, baby clothes, etc. until further notice.
3. We are screening all clients before allowing them to enter the center. Please note that visitors, including children, are not able to come into the center with clients at this time.
4. We have implemented stringent sanitizing practices at each of our centers, well beyond our common day-to-day practices.
5. In an effort to protect the most vulnerable, we have asked all or our volunteers over the age of 65 to interrupt their service at our centers until further direction from the CDC.
If you are having symptoms, we encourage you to call your doctor. If you do not have a doctor, and think you may have been infected with COVID-19, please call your county’s health department.