Do you love talking to groups of young people about complex and often taboo topics? This may be the job for you!
First Image is seeking a new full-time director of the Reality Project. The Reality Project exists to promote sexual integrity in the lives of young people by transforming the way they think about sex and relationships. The program was established almost twenty years ago and has had a long-standing presence in over twenty-five high schools throughout the Portland metro area. The presentation is highly interactive, engaging and primarily done in a public school health class setting. On some occasions, TRP presents in church environments to youth and adults.
- Lead the development and implementation of First Image’s sexual integrity program.
- Develop and present varied presentations to local schools and churches.
- Recruit and train volunteer presenters on an on-going basis.
- Evidence of a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Committed to holistic sexual integrity, including abstinence until marriage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide personal transportation to and from schools.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to lead a team of both staff and volunteers.
- Strong public speaking, presentation and group moderation skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 1-2 years of experience working with and understanding young people and their needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience in curriculum and program development.
Send your cover letters and resume to Jacquie Guthrie at [email protected]
Learn more about the work of First Image and the Reality project at first-image.org/the-reality-project