In order for this event to run smoothly and efficiently, with all the new additions including a 5k Run, brunch, and a new location at Blue Lake Park, we are in need of 75+ volunteers to help with projects and tasks the day before and the day of SFL.
Do you have a heart to serve or the skills we’re looking for? Check out our list of volunteer duties below and click here to sign up today! All volunteers will receive a special volunteer shirt and other goodies.
Set-up (day before/day of)
- Day before – Time TBA, at Blue Lake (help with tents, tables, banners, and anything else that can be left outside)
- Day of – 6am (possibly earlier), set up course, signs, merch, organize and prep registration, activities, stage, etc.
- Check-in or register last-minute participants, collect sponsorships
- Retrieve and distribute correct packet for each participant
- Hand out t-shirt/sweatshirt rewards to participants
- Sell merch
- Specific instructions will be given to each course direction position. Stationed throughout the course at key turns, responsible for directing runners and walkers
- Cheer on participants and distribute finisher medals for runners.
- Prefill water cups, hand out water to runners as they come by and cheer them on
- Follow behind last participants, inform course direction volunteers along the course that they are the last runner/walker (for 5k, change directional signs for Walk)
- Prepare pancakes, other food, and drinks. Set up plates, cups, and utensils.
- Placed at event entries. Greet guests and give flyers, direct people to specific tents and answer event questions.
- Watch over games and make sure participants are safe/maintain order
Parking Payment Attendant
- Stationed at Park entrance to pay for runners who have parking vouchers
- Paint kids faces with face paint or use temporary tattoos (supplies will be set up)
- Help with tear-down of the event. Specific duties will be given the day of.
Thank you for your consideration and interest in our SFL Volunteer Team! Go here to get signed up now.
We are really looking forward to SFL this year and supporting the least of these who are some of the worlds most vulnerable. Check out our Steps for Life page to register and find out more details. If you have any additional questions please contact our Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 503.256.0808 x58.